March’s Condition of the Month:
Is your lymphatic system functioning properly?
- Do you feel sluggish most of the time?
- Do you have frequent, dull headaches?
- Have you noticed your rings getting tighter on your fingers?
- Are you having frequent constipation and bloating?
- Do you have brain fog?
All of the above can be contributors to a challenged immune system. You can jump start your immune system with Manual Lymphatic Drainage, also known as MLD. MLD is a massage modality specifically designed to encourage proper lymph flow. It is also a common treatment prescribed by physicians and surgeons before and after a surgery to reduce swelling and help you heal faster. Nutritionists even prescribe MLD for clients going through a detox to flush out toxins!
The lymphatic system is a network of tissues and organs that rid the body of toxins, waste, and other unwanted materials. Think of it like the sewage system of the body. It is a wonderful compliment to the circulatory system and crucial for your body’s immune system.
Lymphatic System Facts:
- The human body has twice as much lymph fluid as it does blood
- It helps your body to absorb fats and fat-soluble nutrients
- Your tonsils are a large cluster of lymphatic cells
- Lymphatic massage has been shown in some studies to be effective in the treatment of swelling around broken bones
- Your spleen is one of the secondary lymphoid organs
- Cancer is staged by determining how much lymph node involvement is present
In our workshop, we will explain how the Lymphatic System works and why it sometimes becomes compromised. We will also touch on the difference of normal/routine disruption or if it’s really compromised.
Please join us on Saturday, March 25, 2017 from 1-2:30pm to learn how MLD can help you and the steps you can take between treatments to maintain your immune system.