May’s Focus of the Month:
Have you ever wondered, “Am I breathing correctly? Are my ribs supposed to move, just my stomach, or both?”
Friday, May 12, 2017 and Saturday, May 25, 2017 we will go over how to breathe properly and answer the following questions:
- How can I melt and mend chronic pain in my back with breathing?
- Why can holding your breath (unconsciously) set you up for injury?
- How is shallow breathing sabotaging your health?
- What does a breath cycle mean?
- What happens when you shallow breathe with bad ergonomics?
- What do your organs, muscles and bones do when you’re breathing?
Respiratory System Facts
- The right lung is slightly larger than the left.
- Hairs in the nose help to cleanse the air we breathe as well as warm it.
- The highest recorded “sneeze speed” is 165 km per hour.
- The surface area of the lungs is roughly the same size as a tennis court
For more interesting facts on the respiratory system, click here: